Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Redemption

  Feeling SOOOO much better after today's run!!!  I still kept it short, only 3.27 miles, but I finished uploading the Garmin with an entirely different attitude.  Today my overall average pace was 8:29, as opposed to yesterday's 9:30.  Woo HOo, 1 minute per mile faster.  I think yesterday the shock of getting back on the road scared me.  I didn't remember what it was like to have to hold my own pace rather than relying on the whirling belt of the treadmill.  I was proud of myself for jumping right back in to another outside run today rather than literally running from it.  I actually couldn't wait, I knew I had something to prove.  Now all that being said, I am still intimidated by the 10K coming up.  Haven't decided for sure if I will change the registration to 5K, or suck it up.  A few more test runs of longer distances will tell this coming week, but one thing is for sure.  This girl is BACK!!!

Did you continue your winter training outside in the cold, or were you a treadmill runner?

Did/Do you have a hard time getting back on the road?

No comments:

Post a Comment