Thursday, March 10, 2011

Back in the saddle

  So, I am back on track and it feels great!!  I vowed to get back to the plan on Monday, after having a terrible chest cold that wouldn't let go.  Monday I ran 3 miles in the morning at the rec center and then ran out of time due to the 30 min. max.  The treadmills got full, so I did the only decent thing and got off after my 30 minutes.  I decided to go back in the evening to finish the final 2-3 miles and had the BEST run I have had in a while.  I have a goal of doing a 5K at an 8:00 pace at some point this summer.  Monday I sights on completing 2 miles at 8:00 pace to see where I was at.  After 2 miles I felt great and decided to go for it.  I finished the 3 miles and even had some energy for a kick at the end.  Woo Whooo!!  It felt great!!  I have a really great relationship with the treadmill, and typically I can run faster times on the treadmill (I've been told that is rare) so, I'm hoping I can duplicate that pace on the road. 
  Tuesday I took a rest day and did some core work on the stability ball and Wednesday morning I ran 5 miles at an easy pace.  Tonight (thurs) I am heading out for a pizza with some girl friends, so I'm not sure if I will get the run in tonight or not, but the rest of the week I have runs scheduled, along with volleyball on Sunday. 
   What I need to do now is actually press the REGISTER button for my first 1/2.  I keep saying I"m doing one on May 1st, but haven't actually registered.  Need to do it before I become a big chicken and back out.  Here's hoping I stay healthy and motivated.

Do you have lots of races on your 2011 schedule?  When?  Where?

No comments:

Post a Comment