Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Completely Craptastic

  Okay, so I am forwarning you that this post will be filled with more negativity than you might need to hear.  If you are an "only fill my mind with fluffy positive thoughts" kinda creature, then you may want to skip it.  Weird thing is...I am usually one of those people who doesn't care to hear it, yet I also find the need to just get it out sometimes.
  Here's the thing, I am feeling completely craptastic the last few weeks.  I pretty much had one good week of 1/2 marathon training and it's been all down hill from there.  I started by running a few too many miles in my Kinvaras (Can you say SHIN SPLINTS??) , For the next entire week I iced, wore my compression socks to bed and used the marathon stick daily.  by the following week I was able to get in a semi long run and they've felt good since then but... since then I have had a terrible chest cold on and off.  I was miserable for 3 or 4 days and then it seemed to clear up for a day or two, now it is back, rearing it's evil head again.  I am coughing so hard at night I nearly need an adult diaper to stop from wetting myself.  Seriously, after you've had 5 kids, much of the control is out of your hands.  I start to feel better mid day, but by the time I can get out for a run, I'm exhausted and congested again.  Ugh!!  I'm trying to be positive...atleast my legs will certainly be fresh after this.
  I guess the bright side is that it is very early in training and I will be able to rebound, but it is frustrating nonetheless. 
  Okay, so there's my pity party.  I'm feeling much better now!!  Have a GREAT day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment