Sunday, February 13, 2011

4 down, 1 to go

  Well, I got through the first full week of 1/2 training without too much deviation, despite the fact that kid #4 became sick.  Now, 4 out of the 5 have been sick in the past 2 weeks.  Hopefully, this is the end of the stomach bug at our house.  I have been lucky enough to escape so hopefully I'm clear.  My son asked me the other day  "who holds the bucket when mommy is sick"?  It was so sweet, he was genuinely so concerned and said he would take care of me, since I take care of him. 
  We had a crazy busy weekend and I knew I wasn't gonna be able to run long.  I was short a few miles this week, but I was proud of myself for rearranging my schedule and getting the long run in on Thurs night. I was a few miles short of where I wanted to be because my run was interrupted at mile 8 with the call that Rylee (daughter #3) was sick.   I think that will be the key to my training...flexibilty.  With 5 busy kids and a dear hubby who works swings shift I am thrown all kids of challenges any given week.  I just need to keep my mind open. 
  Anyway, I'm feeling great and after yesterdays fast 5K, well...I'm feeling fast. (atleast at the short distances)  I think it might be a while before I'm confident in pushing to my 9:00 pace on an extended run.  I tried it Thurs and well, lets just say it was HARD.  I just need to be patient I guess. 
  Hope everyone is having a great weekend and staying healthy.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for commenting on my blog. You have five very beautiful children. Flexibility is key. Good luck on running.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christina, I really enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete