Sunday, November 21, 2010

ME VS. MIND

  I declare myself the winner!!!!  After a few weeks of missing/avoiding the long run due to the onset of the winter like weather I was determined to get a long run in this weekend.  Hubby ended up being gone Sat.  (lucky duck went to an Iowa Hawkeye game) so I couldn't get out of the house to run.  That left today as my only option.  Well, woke up this morning to find decent temps in the upper 30's, but complete cloud cover and continuous drizzle.  We ventured to our Sun. lunch spot, (Pizza hut buffet...yikes) and after filling my belly to the brim and watching the drizzle become rain on the windshield I had all but talked myself out of the long run, and in to a simple 6 mile at the gym.
  Okay, here's where it gets tricky.  If I'm being honest here, I will tell you that it was the nearly instant fighting by all 5 children that sent me running to the door.  The outside run does much more for the stress relieving than the gym.  I set out to do 8-10 and felt really good after 8, so I decided to venture on.  The pace wasn't fast, but a nice steady "I love running" pace.
  I feel a real sense of accomplishment today.  I have won the mental battle and now have a bit more confidence that I will not be so easily defeated by the slightest chill in the air.  Well, this is Iowa, maybe the slightest chill is an understatement, but I will take on the 30's anyday.  I DID IT!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the "I love running" pace.
    That's the pace when I can keep running and running and running.
    Good job for running and thanks for commenting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete