Thursday, February 3, 2011

I wish

  So, I've been doing my daily check of the blogs I love and I have been finding myself increasingly jealous.   I hear stories of 60 degree + weather, I see pictures of gorgeous running trails and I yearn for the breeze coming off the lake and the sunrise over the ocean that some describe.  Wow, I keep thinking to myself, if I only had these idealistic conditions, the motivation wouldn't be hard to come by.  Instead, I live in the cold tundra and flatlands of Iowa, where every day recently has been filled only with the view of the 4 gym walls and the pounding of my feet on the hamster wheel.  I long to rediscover the great outdoors, even if it is running round and round in circles in my itty bitty town.  It may be a few more months before I can consistanly get an outdoor run in.  I am hoping that the 8-10 mile long runs I've been putting in on the weekends translate to long runs outside, so I'm not losing too much conditioning.  As I sit here typing this out I'm trying to look at the bright side.  Along with the "green with envy" posts about gorgeous scenery and weather are scattered posts of injury.  I am thankful to be free of pain (at the moment) and able to run, if only on the treadmill. 
  On another note, I am thrilled with my progress.  It seems that my standard daily run of 3 miles as somehow turned into nearly 5.  I have discovered that if I hit the gym in the latest evening hours it is open that the treadmills are open and I can run to my heart's content, ignoring all 30 minute max. notices.  I have been entertained by many a reality show and been able to steadily pound out the 5 miles on a regular basis.  Yippee for me!!!

Does your gym have max times on the equipment?
How is your winter training going?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment