Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Confidence Creeps in

  I say creeps, because I am very wary of letting it fulling take me over.  I have gone more than a month without following my training plan whatsoever.  After my leg injuries started I have had to settle for 2-3 runs a week, rather than the 5 my plan specifies.  I have settled for the weekend long run and maybe a run of 2-3 miles mid week and that's it.  No tempo run, no speedwork...Yikes, it's scary to type that out!!  Anyway, I did my final long run on Sat.  It was on the TM as recommended by the doc, to help keep the impact down.  Great idea except...I love the TM and my confidence soars on the TM.  I really need a long run on the roads just to prove I could do it, but this will have to do.  I tried a new plan of running 2 miles at about a 9:00 pace then walking 1 minute (to simulate water breaks)  It seemed to work good.  I was able to keep the pace the entire time.  It was a little rough by 8, but doable.  Now, If this run just translates to the road, I"ll be in good shape come Sat.

No comments:

Post a Comment